Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

RE: What If V for Vendetta Was Released Under Obama Instead of Bush?

You can find the article that inspired this response here



I’ve been toying around with this idea for a couple days so I decided to see if anyone has written anything about it and what their take on it was. Although “V for Vendetta” is one of my all time favorites, I can’t say I’ve actually found any work that doesn’t run along with the original left wing propaganda that “V for Vendetta” is, and your article is no different.
You had a couple of points I wanted to address which I found to be either offensive, flat out ignorant, or both. But I feel like that will take up more time than I am willing to spend so I will limit myself to the treatment of only one main subject, the subject which seems to be the cornerstone of your article. Of course I would have to concede a few of your arguments because there has to be even a little bit of truth even in a fairy tale for the story to be heard. I agree that the Patriot Act was an egregious overreach of government and unconstitutional. Not unlike the monstrosity that is Obamacare but that’s another story. I’ll even admit that while many don’t care, conservatives don’t generally approve of homosexuality. I will also admit that although your attempt to defend conservatives in paragraph 6 was pretty weak especially after your attack in the previous paragraph, it was at least an attempt and that’s a lot more than I can say about all of the other articles I stumbled across.
Now to the reason why I decided to comment. You make quite a few bold assumptions based off of stereotypes you guys (liberals) made up. “Gone would be the depictions of clergy pedophilia and religious hypocrisy.” “he would storm the headquarters… with guns blazing, spouting one-liners instead of philosophical quips over a soundtrack of hard-rocking guitars, not a symphony orchestra…” “…citizens taking to the streets during the climax [would] have been wearing straw hats instead of masks, raising pitchforks and torches in the air as they prepared for a lynching[.]” That’s just in one paragraph. I understand that’s a joke and honestly, I see the humor in it. I bring those up because your joke is obviously not “just” a joke but an attack in order to set up your next paragraph riddled with your real feelings without the sugar coat label of a joke. In fact, you try to pass your typical liberal opinion off as a fact. “In fact, they probably would have never heard of the source material to begin with. The sad truth is that these traditionalist morons just wouldn’t have been that creative.”
I can’t say I’m surprised that you think so highly of yourself and your fellow liberals. I also can’t say I’m surprised that you fail to remember many movies and books with conservative themes and ideals in spite of the fact that Hollywood is obnoxiously liberal and rarely “OK” conservative projects. That was a pretty convenient fact to overlook. (When I say fact, I actually mean that it’s a fact. Not just a talking point I wish was a fact so that I can feel better about my belief systems)
Let me refresh your memory of such movies.
-“Forrest Gump” which beat out “Pulp Fiction”, a movie far more expressive of the Hollywood (liberal) world view, for the Oscar.
-“300” was a movie released in 2007 during the Bush administration which was hated mainly for the war. Hollywood loved to neglect and demonize the heroism of the American Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. Needless to say the themes of the movie such as honor, unflinching courage, and the truth that freedom isn’t free are very conservative.
-“The Pursuit of Happyness” was a movie of the life of self-made millionaire Chris Gardener. This movie goes against the liberal diatribes of the financial world and Wall Street. It promotes the idea that a good father is critical which liberals can’t handle. It even goes as deep as to show that if you work hard and don’t succumb to self-pity, unlike what liberals try to make everyone believe, “the man” will not keep a black man “down.”
-“Juno” is probably one of the best pro-life movies to date. In this age where liberals are trying to make it ok for women to “choose” to take the life in her womb through abortion, which does nothing but encourage irresponsibility, and where boys aimlessly try to become men through sexual promiscuity, this movie is a humorous breath of fresh air.
-“The Lord of the Rings” was authored by J.R.R. Tolkien. He was a deeply conservative man. It is no surprise that the movies based of his masterwork, which were some of the greatest and highest grossing films of all time, were conservative as well.
-“The Dark Knight”, speaking of great and highest grossing films, is a depiction of a reviled hero who fights a terrorist, the Joker. He has to devise a new method of surveillance, push the limits of the law, and accept the hatred of the press. Not to mention the fact that Bruce is a huge capitalist playboy.
-“Team America: World Police” created by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the minds behind “South Park”, shows their total disgust with the air-headed, left-wing celebrity activism among other things. I would dare to say this satire goes unmatched.
I could go on and on with movies that promote the family like “The Incredibles” and “The Family Man.” Or movies similar to “300” in their honorable portrayal of soldiers and the military such as “Master and Commander”, “We Were Soldiers”, “The Patriot”, and “Braveheart.” How about other movies based on best selling books like “The Chronicles of Narnia”…. I’m only getting warmed up.
In essence, I wanted comment to point out your condescension and ignorance. I feel that if you can’t see that at this point, you should probably hop down from your ivory tower and gain a bit of perspective. You seem to forget that the people who promote movies and produce them are snug in the liberal pocket. Of course you aren’t going to see as many reviews that cover the political nature of conservative films. All you are going to see is the blazing guns set to rock music with country bumpkins in the background with their straw hats and pitch forks.

UPDATE: The author erased my comment. I thought I might not have done it right so I reposted it and it was erased again. To which my third response was:

"Really? You're gonna delete my comment twice? haha that's ironic. Right after you tell someone that they have lost the logic game and that they have poorly constructed ideas and that they make shit up.. Now that somebody calls you out on exactly that and try to keep you from dwindling in your own numbers as you so elegantly put it, you run away. Typical. You don't want people to comment on what you "ACTUALLY wrote" you want more opportunities to spread your own brand of propaganda unchallenged because you know what you have can't stand up to reality. That must scare you because nobody likes to be wrong. Take a good look at yourself, you know what I'm saying is true."

Needless to say, that too was deleted. Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment